Wondering how to get involved at the lodge? Read on to learn of upcoming opportunities for meeting other Elks and giving back to the community. Check out the Elks Facebook page for event details and contact us at email@example.com, to let us know you want to help out.
Third Annual Frock Swap – Women’s Clothing exchange benefiting Mary’s Place
(Volunteer shifts available starting 9/5 – 10-15)
The Frock Swap event chairs are expanding their planning and event-day teams to match the event’s growing success. We have one-time shifts, multiple shifts, and team leader opportunities. Training is provided and leadership is encouraged. Come join the fun. The event takes place on October 15th. There is a lot to do to prep for this event, and a lot to do day-of event.
Virgin Frockers – you have a fresh perspective and enthusiasm
Player Frockers – you’ve done this before – your Frock Swap experience is indispensable
Mother Frockers – head up Marketing/Communications, Merchandising, Volunteer Coordinating, Collections, Registration, Event Set-Up, Raffle/Silent Auction, and Post-Event Donation Distribution.
Just want to pitch in when you can?
Clothes sorting begins the September 5 and we’ll need volunteers for weeknight sorting shifts straight up until the event day.
Day-of event (October 15) – we need volunteers to help us work the door, sell raffle tickets, bar tend and keep the clothing organized as people shop.
9/4 – Ballard Elks Car Show
Beer garden, burgers, dogs and CARS. This is one of the only car shows in the area that happens ON Labor Day! Contact Mae Moldenhauer at 206-284-7384 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
(6-10) people 6am – 8am: Set-up BBQ, beer garden, tables, chairs, tents, kegs
(2) people 10am – 2pm: Cooks burgers and dogs
(2) people 8am – 2:30pm: Distribute/collect ballots for People’s Choice Award
(6-10) people 2:30pm – until done: Break it down
9/5 – Burgers and Bingo
This is a big, monthly event for the Ballard Elks. Well-attended, always fun and very successful. Each month we cook and serve at least 100 burgers w/fries and have about 150 people attend to play bingo. Sign up to help each month, or just one time! Email email@example.com to volunteer.
(5) – Kitchen help – frying fries, assembling burgers and fries, serving (5:30-7pm)
(2) – Kitchen Clean-up – dishes, kitchen cleaning (7-pm – 8:30)
(2) – Sell raffle, snacks and special game general front of house help. (5:45 – 8:30pm)
(2) – Event clean-up – wipe down tables and Lodge Hall clean-up (9-9:30pm)
9/10 – Annual Crab Feed
The Ballard Elks Crab Feed is back! We need volunteers for 11:00am – 5:00pm shifts.
(4) Set-up – Put tables out and other general set-up needs
(4) Servers – Help serve food and general needs during event
(4) Clean-up – Dishes, wipe tables, sweep, mop and get the room spic and span for Dancing with Lauren which happens after Crab Feed
9/24 Shuck Shack Beach Party – Oyster Whisperers Wanted
Join us to make the 1st annual oyster party a shuckin’ success. We need volunteers for 2:30 – 5:00pm shifts.
(4) Shuckers – Let us know if you need an oyster knife and gloves
(4) Rovers – Refill dishes and flatware; help with wrap-up
(2) Ice Runners – Run ice; help with wrap-up
AC/DC Cover Band Concert – For Those About to Rock…do it for the kids
We’re looking for volunteers to help with a Childrens therapy fundraising effort. We will be selling raffle tickets at concerts featuring local AC/DC cover band Problem Child. A local corporate sponsor will match funds raised! Promote and work with the band to raise awareness for the Elks and raise money for our kids. For more information contact Grims Gislason at firstname.lastname@example.org