PUT IT ON YOUR CALENDAR – Our annual Membership Social is ON!
Mark your calendars for Friday, August 9 for a fun evening of raffles, prizes, food and drink and camaraderie downstairs in our lodge’s first floor event space
There will be opportunities for all to learn more about and even sign up to help out your favorite Elks’ events!
Come enjoy an evening with old friends, meet new friends and learn more about how to best participate in your Lodge and its events and activities!
The Ballard Elks Lodge wins best website in the State of Washington and scores in the top 20 nation wide! Way to go Ballard Elks Lodge online team – keep up the great work!
From the April Grand Lodge Newsletter (linked here):
States and Lodges that win the Net!
Grand Lodge Fraternal Committee
Submitted by William J. Schran and Robert R. Hinkle, Committee Members
Results of the Grand Lodge Fraternal Committee’s two 2017–2018 website contests have been announced.
The winners of the State Association Website Contest are:
Five Star Winners!
- Arizona: arizonaelksassociation.org
- California/Hawaii: chea-elks.org
- Colorado: coloradoelks.org
- Idaho: idahoelks.org
- Iowa: iowaelks.org
- Louisiana: laelks.org
- New Jersey: njelks.org
- Wisconsin: wielks.com
Four Star Winners!
- Arkansas: arelks.homestead.com
- Connecticut: ctelks.org
- Georgia: gaelks.org
- Illinois: illinoiselks.org
- Kansas: kselks.org
- Kentucky: kyelks.org
- Maryland-Delaware-DC: mddedcelks.org
- Michigan: mielks.org
- Minnesota: mnelks.org
- North Carolina: ncelks.org
- Ohio: ohioelks.org
- Pennsylvania: paelks.com
- Texas: texaselks.org
- Virginia: virginiaelks.org
- West Virginia: wvelks.org
- Wyoming: wyoelks.org
The winners of the Local Lodge Website Contest are:
Five Star Winners!
- Anchorage, AK No. 2868: anchorageelks2868.org
- Mission Viejo-Saddleback Valley, CA No. 2444: mvelks.com
- Vero Beach, FL No. 1774: veroelks.com
- Mt. Vernon IL No. 819: elks819.org
- Burlington, IA No. 84: elks84.org
- Annapolis, MD No. 622: elks622.com
- Traverse City, MI No. 323: elkstc.com
- Silver City, NM No. 413: silvercity.com
- Poughkeepsie, NY No. 2868: bpoe275.org
- Lebanon, OH No. 422: lebanonelks.com
- Connellsville, PA No. 503:
- Morgantown, WV No. 411: bpoe411.org
Four Star Winners!
- Dalton, GA No. 1267: daltonelks.org
- New Castle, IN No. 484: elks484.com
- Frankfort, KY No. 530: frankfortelks.org
- Middlesex, NJ No. 1488: middlesexelks.com
- Ballard, WA No. 827: ballardelks.org
Three Star Winners!
- Mountain Home, ID No. 2276: facebook.com/MountainHomeElksLodge2276
- Houlton, ME No. 835: facebook.com/HoultonElksLodge835
Congratulations to the State Associations and Local Lodges that participated. We encourage all webmasters to look at other websites to get new ideas for your own sites.
Star Award Program:
Five stars 90-100 points
Four stars 80-89 points
Three stars 70-79 points
Full information and contest form can be found HERE
I ran into this amazing conglomeration of tasty lookin’ yars of herring in the lodge while cooking for burgers and bingo last night and it got me to asking some of those really hard questions like – “Why would we have all these tasty lookin’ yars of herring in the lodge frig?” and “why shouldn’t we just open em up and have at em before uncle Torvald figures out they’re here?” To which I heard exalted from behind me “No, you can’t have any of them yars of tasty lookin’ herring, those are for the new menu!”
HOLY MAKEREL, NEW MENU ???!!!!???? You Say?
“A new menu is coming out soon at the lodge – so get your thoughts off devouring that tasty lookin’ herring you see there!”
So for the halibut I sleuthed around a bit and you know what I found? Draft copies of a new menu for the Ballard Elks Lodge! Oh wouldn’t Uncle Torvald be so happy if he could see this menu today! Yah no wonderfully flavorful Lutefisk but Uncle Torvald always did love his herring and would often slide on over to the Danish side of town for their tasty meatballs.
I was able to take a peak through the secret menu file room before they threw me arse out and yeppers, wouldn’t you know it, a new menu with some amazing looking eats! It could be released within the next week but I was so teary eyed with bliss from seeing the appy menu I forgot to read the release date…. Silly me – You’ll learn it here first, as soon as I know, you know. All the old favorites are there but the new additions look amazing!
Get Your Herring On Ballard
There’s a new menu comin’ to the Ballard Elks Lodge!