Elks Care, Elks Share - Are you an Elk?
To be eligible for Ballard Elks membership in the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, you must be a citizen of the United States over the age of 21 who believes in God.
Ballard Elks Membership Sign-up Steps:
- If you know a current Elks member contact them and have them take you by the lodge to experience the social quarters or to an event to experience the fun.
- If you don’t know a member come by the lodge when the Lounge on the 2nd floor is open and introduce yourself to the bar staff – Let them know you’re interested in joining.
- You must be sponsored by a member of the Elks Lodge and reside in the jurisdiction of the Lodge you wish to join. You also need two other Elks who will be your co-sponsors. The Elk who proposes you for membership can help guide you through the application process.
- Download and print this Membership Application or find an application form in the Lounge during business hours.
- Return the completed application to the front office during business hours or to the bartender along with our $25 application fee.
Processing / Interviews / Initiation:
6. Your application will be read at a regular Lodge meeting. You will be contacted (via mail) by our Lodge Secretary with a welcome letter inviting you to our Investigative Committee (interview). Our interviews are conduction the third Tuesday of each month between 6:30 – 8:30 pm
7. After the interview is concluded, the committee will report to the Lodge concerning your membership. You will be given a notice not less than 10 days nor more than two months before the vote will be taken.
8. When the vote is concluded, you will be notified by our Lodge Secretary with a date to return for indoctrination (initiation). Initiation is on the fourth Tuesday of every month.
After initiation as an Elk, you can take part in all meetings and social functions of the Lodge!
If you used to be a member and want to be reinstated click here for instructions.
If for any reason your application is rejected, you can submit a new application for membership after six months from the date of rejection.
Elks Lodges bring so much to their communities. They are places where neighbors come together, families share meals, and children grow up.
Elks invest in their communities through programs that help children grow up healthy and drug-free, by undertaking projects that address unmet need, and by honoring the service and sacrifice of our veterans.
Membership Questions? Contact us for info..