In 2016, the Ballard Elks established the Ballard Elks Paddling Club (BEPC) to create a community for club members who enjoy paddling from the club’s Shilshole Bay location.
Who Should Join BEPC? The BEPC is open to any Ballard Elks member in good standing who is interested in paddling – SUP, rowing, kayak, outrigger canoe, surf ski, or prone – at any level of experience, from curious to adventurous.
Member Benefits – The club offers paddle craft storage to BEPC members based on availability, as well as social paddles and trips, gatherings, monthly events and discounted fees to our races.
Paddle Events for Charity – We hold year-round paddling-focused fundraisers that benefit Elks charities and provide fun volunteer opportunities.
Monday Night Paddling Race – Join us every Monday evening May to September for our paddling race. The race is open to all paddling craft and all proceeds are donated to charity. Learn More
Club Meeting & Events – BECP meets most third Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. in the Ballard Elks Lodge Hall, except for December and summer, when we gather outdoors. Please see the schedule below or contact us for details.
2020 BEPC Meetings & Events
- 2/20/2020 – BEPC Event @ 7:30pm – Focus on BEPC Storage & Board Nominations.
- 2/23/2020 – BEPC Social Paddle – Eglon Beach to Point No Point Lighthouse (7 miles, Intermediate Level). Contact John Foster: firstname.lastname@example.org / Jim Bohn: email@example.com
- 3/19/20 – BEPC Event @ 7:30pm – Matt Jones talks SUP Racing Fitness & Nutrition
- 4/16/20 – BEPC Event @ 7:30pm
- 5/4/20 – thru Sept – Monday Night Paddling Race Series. 7pm Start.
- 5/21/20 – BEPC Event @ 7:30pm
- 6/18/20 – BEPC Members Solstice Potluck and live Hawaiian music.
Requirements to Join
You must be a member of the Ballard Elks Lodge #827 in good standing. Races and Social paddles are open to guests
Annual Membership Fee: $20
To join the BEPC fill out and follow the directions in the online form.
Board or Kayak Storage
Open to BEPC members in good standing, based on availability.
Annual storage fee: $120. Contact us for details.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current BEPC Board Members:
- President: Rob Casey
- VP Race Liaison – Adam Tischler
VP Events – Harry Oesterreicher
Treasurer – Christy Cox
- Secretary: Nick Papa