In 2016, the Ballard Elks established the Ballard Elks Paddling Club (BEPC) to create a community for club members who enjoy paddling from the club’s Shilshole Bay location.
The BEPC is open to any Ballard Elks member in good standing who is interested in paddling – SUP, kayak, outrigger canoe, surf ski, or prone – at any level of experience, from curious to adventurous. The club offers paddle craft storage to BEPC members, based on availability, as well as organized paddles social gatherings, and events. We hold year-round paddling-focused fundraisers that benefit Elks charities a provide fun volunteer opportunities.
The BECP meets monthly every third Thursday at 7:30 p.m. in the Ballard Elks Lodge Hall, with the exception of summer, when we gather outdoors, and winter holiday months. Please see the schedule below.
We welcome anyone interested in joining!
Questions about membership or board & kayak storage? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current BEPC Board Members:
- President: Rob Casey
- VP Race Liaison – Adam Tischler
VP Events – Harry Oesterreicher
Treasurer – Christy Cox
- Secretary: Nick Papa
BEPC Meetings & Events
- Every Monday until late September: Paddle Race at Elks Beach at 6:30PM
- 5/26/19 – Social Paddle “Brunch Patrol” at Elks Beach 10:00AM
- 6/19/19 – Solstice Luau & Potluck at Elks Lawn 6:30PM-9:00PM
- 6/23/19 – Social Paddle “Brunch Patrol” at Elks Beach 10:00AM
- 7/28/19 – Social Paddle “Brunch Patrol” at Elks Beach 10:00AM
- 8/25/19 – Social Paddle “Brunch Patrol” at Elks Beach 10:00AM
- 9/19/19 – BEPC Meeting in Lodge Hall
- 10/17/19 – BEPC Meeting in Lodge Hall
Requirements to Join
You must be a member of the Ballard Elks Lodge #827 in good standing. Races and Social paddles are open to guests
Annual Membership Fee $25
To join the BEPC fill out and follow the directions in the online form.
Board or Kayak Storage
Open to BEPC members in good standing, based on availability.
Annual storage fee: $120
Contact and Follow @BEPC827
Shilshole Bay Cam
Check out the view of the sound on the Shilshole Bay Webcam page.